My artifact keychain’s memory


This is a keychain. My senior gave it to me when the club competition was held. Now I will describe this feature. This keychain looks like a cherry blossom's petal. The color is pale pink. The size is too small and the material is acrylic board, so it is easy to break. I think all of you must feel it is glossy. The name written in the center is my name. Also, a small white ball with a keychain seems that a real pearl.



I'm going to talk about my artifact story. My senior gave it to me two years ago. I joined the brass band club when I was a high school student. In this club, there is a tradition. The tradition is that second year students make misanga and third year students make something before the club competition in summer without saying to other grades. After that, they give them to people who play the same musical instrument. Every year, things that third year students make are different, so I wanted to see them earlier. That year, I was a second year student, so I made and gave misanga.

"Here is misanga to fight this year's competition!" I said.

"Thank you!! Wow, it's a nice color and shape!"

I was pleased with the words my senior and junior said.

"I will also give you a present. Here you are. It's a keychain!" said my senior.

This keychain shapes cherry blossom's petal. We played music that title is "spring" in that summer competition. That is why they made it to fit music atmosphere, because one of the Japanese spring image is cherry blossom.

"Wow!! This is so cute and beautiful!! Thank you very much!!

I was surprised and impressed when I gave it because this keychain is good at making. Therefore, I thought I want to give something to my junior when I become a third year student. However, this dream did not come true. Last year, I had to leave the club earlier, because coronavirus began yo spread. I could not make something for my junior. I regretted this and I hope this tradition will not stop. My high school's brass band club has some traditions other than what I introduced. I also want not to disappear these traditions.



I'm going to tell you about the social/cultural issues I chose. First, in Japan, they have hierarchical relations in school or company. In general, people respect people who get older. This is because older people have more knowledge and skills than younger one. However, in Japan, people can get dignity by getting older. Therefore, we have to respect even if those who have no knowledge and skills. In addition, you must use honorifics for older people to show older people your respect. If you don't use it, you are regarded as a rude person. In my club, there are also hierarchical relations. I was using honorifics and calling older people "senpai". In my opinion, Japanese hierarchical relations are too format. This culture makes it difficult to make friendly relations between older and younger.


Next, in Japan, there is a unique present culture. In the country that has a present culture, people give presents when someone close gets a special day. This is because we want to celebrate our loved ones' special day and see their pleased faces. It makes us happy. Japan also has this culture. However, In addition, Japan has a unique present culture. In Japan, when you receive presents from someone, you tend to think you need to give it back in some cases. Also, when you give presents, you often say "This is a small thing for you". In fact, when I give a present to my friends, I also use this word. I think Japanese people think too much when you give presents.



[References]

外国人から見た「日本の贈り物文化&マナー」海外との違い6パターン

外国人から見た「日本の贈り物文化&マナー」海外との違い6パターン (madameriri.com)

コメント